Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Uggs and cruggs(Gabriel writing)

Well, it's finally getting cold here in Florida, and that can only mean one thing. Uggs. For some reason, close to every girl in Florida owns a pair of Uggs for those like 10 days of cold weather and those things are atrocious. They look so big and clunky and they're so unflattering, why do people like them?? It's even worse when they start wearing them with their stretch cotton pants or school pants sweatpants tucked into the Uggs, and then they pair it up with those tacky Ed Hardy hoodies or Juicy hoodies. Today, however, I witnessed the epitome of ugly footwear, Cruggs. They combine Uggs and Crocs(don't get me started on those plastic monsters) to make these horrible slipper things with that ugly sheep fur crap, I nearly threw up. Oh, and my biology teacher, who wears rainbow tie-dye lab coats even if its not a lab day, wore this thing that I deemed the Patchwork Sweater of Horrors. It was orange and maroon and navy blue and black and forest green and a really awful couch material.
As for me, I wore 4 layers of clothing, being born in Florida 55 degrees constitutes as freezing.
I'll try and get pictures up, but some gypsy(no joke)stole my camera in Copenhagen, so I'm waiting 'till tomorrow so that my dad can let me use his camera. I'll explain my adventures in Europe in some of tomorrows post
This is what I wore today
navy blue blazer, the label is missing, grey knit vest, American Apparel, grey and black scarf, some random store in Amsterdam, blue t-shirt from the Salvation Army, creative recreation shoes, and cheap Monday jeans (I'll post a pic tomorrow)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammar Lady says:

Well, it's finally getting cold here in Florida, and that can only mean one thing: Uggs. For some reason, every girl in Florida owns a pair of Uggs for those like 10 days of cold weather, and those things are atrocious. They look so big and clunky, and they're so unflattering; why do people like them?? It’s even worse when they start wearing them with their stretch cotton pants, school pants, or sweatpants tucked into the Uggs, and then they pair it up with those tacky Ed Hardy hoodies or Juicy hoodies. Today, however, I witnessed the epitome of ugly footwear: Cruggs. They combine Uggs and Crocs (don't get me started on those plastic monsters) to make these horrible slipper things with that ugly sheep fur crap; I nearly threw up. Oh, and my biology teacher, who wears rainbow tie-dye lab coats even if its not a lab day, wore this thing that I deemed the Patchwork Sweater of Horrors. It was orange, maroon, navy blue, black, forest green, and a really awful couch material.
As for me, I wore 4 layers of clothing; being born in Florida, 55 degrees constitutes as freezing.
I'll try and get pictures up, but some gypsy (no joke) stole my camera in Copenhagen, so I'm waiting 'till tomorrow so that my dad can let me use his camera. I'll explain my adventures in Europe in some of tomorrow’s post
This is what I wore today:
navy blue blazer, the label is missing; grey knit vest, American Apparel; grey and black scarf, some random store in Amsterdam; blue t-shirt from the Salvation Army; creative recreation shoes, and cheap Monday jeans (I'll post a pic tomorrow).

Note: I live in Florida, and I do not own Uggs.