Monday, October 27, 2008

They're my super heros

Renata here,
Oh Dear, Attending a Floridian High school is just too funny. This week is homecoming week, and everyday there is some type of theme. Today was superhero day. Walking through the halls, while seeing horribly garish superhero outfits, I had an epiphany. I am going to take pictures of random tacky people we see and have a competition for who is the tackiest!! Thanks to Ava (she went up to them) we have pictures (and permission) of our tackiest superheroes!!

The Power Puff Girls (There was a third). So this is Gabriel writing, and I'm writing what i think about each outfit. Umm there not terrible, it could be waaaay tackier.
Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtle. Yay! Seriously, shes like wearing a costume from the kids section of party city to school, and its just so cliched and uncreative, but its to be expected during spirit week.


I'm not sure what they're supposed to be. Now this is concerning. The one in the middle looks like chonga goes superhero.

If only there was words for this...Lol, I'm really concerned about this persons mental sanity. What is that over those rollerblades (yes, they are rollerblades) and please tell there not wearing a biking helmet, god this is like some horrible flashback, I'm having nightmares over this.

Okay now to me (I hope you know I'm finished with the tacky people) and what I wore today. It was superhero inspired, but I didn't want to be too literal. Most people didn't know what I was, and I kept on saying ferocia couture. But the more I look at it the more Susi Bubblesque it seems(which is always a plus)



Shirt from Loehmanns, Skirt from Guess, workout shorts from Mexx Sport, American Apparel leggings, silver belt from C&A in Germany and pointy flats from payless.

4 comments:

Isabel said...

At my school, nobody ever dressed up for spirit days. So its kind of exciting to see people get excited about dressing up in dumb costumes. :)

Anonymous said...

Grammar Lady says:

"Renata here.
Oh dear, attending a Floridian high school is just too funny. This week is Homecoming Week, and everyday there is some type of theme. Today was superhero day. Walking through the halls, while seeing horribly garish superhero outfits, I had an epiphany. I am going to take pictures of random tacky people we see and have a competition for who is the tackiest!! Thanks to Ava (she went up to them), we have pictures (and permission) of our tackiest superheroes!!

The Power Puff Girls (there was a third). So this is Gabriel writing, and I'm writing what I think about each outfit. Umm they're not terrible; it could be waaaay tackier.

Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtle. Yay! Seriously, she's like wearing a costume from the kids section of Party City to school, and it's just so clichéd and uncreative, but it's to be expected during spirit week.

I'm not sure what they're supposed to be. Now this is concerning. The one in the middle looks like some kind of mass produced Anna Piaggi Halloween costume or like chonga goes superhero.

If only there was words for this... Lol, I'm really concerned about this person's mental sanity. What is that over those rollerblades (yes, they are rollerblades), and please tell (me?) they're not wearing a biking helmet; God this is like some horrible flashback. I'm having nightmares over this.

Okay, now to me (I hope you know I'm finished with the tacky people) and what I wore today. It was superhero inspired, but I didn't want to be too literal. Most people didn't know what I was, and I kept on saying "ferocia couture." But the more I look at it, the more Susi Bubblesque it seems (which is always a plus)

Shirt from Loehmanns; skirt from Guess; workout shorts from Mexx Sport; American Apparel leggings; silver belt from C&A in Germany, and pointy flats from payless"

Anonymous said...

You are so pretentious...why are they tacky? at least they are dressing up and having fun. Seriously, I can't even imagine how much of a snob you are after reading this. I'm sure they weren't trying to look fashionable...it's supposed to be FUN.

In-tree-gue said...

it isn't a bad thing, the people here they were having fun. I never gave it a bad connotation, it is what it is, And that happens to be plain out tawdry. they allKnew, no wanted the attention, and they got it. they were all aware of what these pictures were for this blog and some even came up to me telling me they wanted to be in this section. But I also want to give people an idea of what people do for spirit week at my school. And I am not a snob, just not afraid to write about my personal views on what people wear. If you don't like it I don't know why you are wasting you're time reading this blog.